Villa in Affitto/Vendita a Chiaramonte Gulfi
For Sale Property in Chiaramonte Gulfi, Ragusa, Souteastern Sicily
Recently restored farm house in the outskirts of Chiaramonte, located on a beautiful hillside, open view to the sea and Gela gulf, surrounded by Saracen thousand-year old olive trees.
- the refurbished farmer's apartment
- the former stable, partially restored
- the former pigs's stable, also partially restored
3 storage rooms
about 3500 sq mt land, including 23 Saracen olive trees Tonda Iblea top variety
Farmer's apartment: about 105 sq mt, 2 levels. Ground floor: living room with gorgeous professional kitchen island, old oven room, philologically restored, main bedroom with private bathroom, guest bathroom, guest bedroom, shower splurgin room (see pictures). Upper level: library with sitting room, terrace, storage room.
Former stable: partially restored, includes a living room and a "secret garden" (ground floor, and a fascinating mezzanine overlooking the secret garden. Original manger has been preserved to be used as a liqueur cabinet in the living room.
Note that former stable can easily be jointed to main apartment to make it an amazing housing unit.
Former pigs' stable: partially restored, includes a small private herbs garden, living room with kitchenette corner, bedroom and bathroom. Windows conceived as natural paintings overlook the Saracen olive trees.
NOTE: recent renovation includes the newly made traditional cane wood roof, a natural air conditioning so that the house is always cool with no need for electric air conditioning. The traditional cane wood roof is safe, healthy, respectful ot the environment.
HIghlights. Why to invest in southeastern Sicily (Iblei Hills area)
- The recent opening of Comiso airport, with daily flights to and from London, Bruxelles, Dublin, Frankfurt, Milan, Rome, Pisa, has made the Iblei Hills a easy-to-reach retreat. The property is located 15 minutes drive from Comiso Airport.
- the Montalbano series has showed to milions of spectators the beauty of nature, the refinement of baroque art (nearby towns such as Ragusa, Modica, Scicli have become UNESCO Heritage Sites), the genuinety of local ingredients and cuisines.
- Chiaramonte Gulfi itself is a foodie paradise: the European capital of extra-vergin olive oil (the biggest amount of world awards for the quality of the olive oil in international contests has been won by olive mills located in Chiaramonte Gulfi). The town is also renowned for pork's meat, salami, and pork jelly. Best Sicily butcher 2014 was Chiaramonte butcher Massimiliano Castro.
- Wine scene is also meaningful and lively: Gulfi organic wines, Società Agricola Meridio, Cos winery, Arianna Occhipinti, Poggio di Bortolone are vinyards and wineries within the range of 20 minute drive.
Why to invest in this property
- Opportunity to rent the 3 housing units separately
- Secret garden (former stable) can be a great place for artists, painters, sculptors.
- Secluded location is great for focusing on creative jobs (current owner is a writer)
- Opportunity to realize an infinity pool with an amazing view on the gulf.
- 5 minute drive to the closest grocery and delicious bar (signora Giovanna won the prize for the best "scaccia" in Sicily; 10 minute drive to Chiaramonte with all kind of stores, 20 minute drive to Ragusa (baroque town), 30 minute drive to Modica (same, also famous for its chocolate factories), 15 minute drive from Comiso airport, 1 hour drive to Catania
- 23 Olive trees are enough to make your own olive oil for your family and friends, but not enough to make it a stressful assignment - you can take 3 days off and pick up your olives and make your amazing EVOO.
- if you decide to restore former stable and pigs' stable your way, you wont' have to spend a fortune in hotels while contractors are working, you will stay home!
Ultimo aggiornamento 12-02-2016